Saturday, March 5, 2011

Never A Dull Moment, But Always a Dog Moment

Today was just a typical day in the Nugget house.  The furry, four-legged alarm clocks woke me up for their walk and noms at 6:45.  No biggie, really even though it is SATURDAY!.  The sun is rising earlier and the temps are no longer subarctic (I know, laugh at me... I live in the South) so 6:45 is getting a little easier.
After our morning routine, I tried desperately to coax them into going back to sleep for just a little while.  Eventually that worked, but not before a game of laundry tug-o-war ensued, whereby my neat though not yet folded pile of clean clothes ended up all over my room. 

Nugget with his prize from the war - a pair of my unders (clean! SWEARS! but definitely going back in the hamper now...)

Though it was overcast, it was still a nice spring-like day in Charlotte.  A light on-and-off drizzle kept us from going to the park, so the boys enjoyed free reign of the patio instead.  I was able to get a lot done with them semi-out of the way.  Nugg was all, "Look at me! I'm cute!" just laying out there, taking in the pretty day so I thought I'd snap a quick pic (above) to send to B.  Not 30 seconds later, he got up and blew chunks all over the patio. Not once, not twice, but THREE times.  Kid you not...  And then he started eating it.  At which point, even the doodle couldn't handle it anymore and went inside.  Listen, if you manage to disgust Oscar of all dogs, there is something seriously wrong with you.  He eats his own poop for dog's sake!  So everyone had to go inside.  Nugget continued to throw up.  On my clean carpet.  Excellent timing.  Moments later, doodle started.  No kidding.  Except he aimed for the corner of the dining room.  Do you know how hard it is to clean chunky vomit out of carpet in a corner?  I'll spare you the play-by-play but suffice it to say, it took awhile.  In short, this is what my day looked like:

FWIW, I hate Family Guy, but this video sums it up pretty well.

I guess all that throwing up is really hard work since everyone seems to be snoozing peacefully now.  Nugget even let Oscar borrow his favorite teddy bear.  
(Now how ridiculously cute is that picture?)

Don't be alarmed; Nugget always has his Shakespeare's Hamlet, "O, I am slain"-look going on when he sleeps.  He'd make a good Polonius, no? 

3 comments:

  1. Oh .. .jsut had to visit with the kids! Mine have been snoozing most of the day ... a little rainy here in Southern Illinois, too! My Junior sleeps with his eyes open ... but just to be sure MeMutt doesn't steal something ... like a soggy rawhide bone! Enoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! It sounds like your whole doggie family had upset tummies! We are glad everyone is feeling better now. We saw the episode of Family Guy where Brian keeps puking and puking. Its one of our favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could train my dogs about what a weekend is...

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Puppy Love!