Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday Morning Surprise

At this point, I should know better than to step blindly out of bed and into anything but a pair of slippers or galoshes.  Not that I often remember anyway, but when I do go to put on my slippers, I'm usually missing one which is later found any number of places, including but not limited to the toy basket or under a throw rug.

This morning, I again learned my lesson the hard way about why I shouldn't walk through the house half awake and barefoot.  I was groggier than usual since last night's mysterious sneezing attack prompted me to haphazardly swallow two Benedryl.  Is it allergies?  The onset of a cold?  The Apocalypse? Only time will tell... but I do know that Benedryl sends me into a sleep so deep it can only be rivaled by the winter hibernation of a bear.  For all I know, a rave might have occurred in my living room during the night and all I heard was... well, nothing.

As I was rounding up the troops for their morning trip outside, in my Benedryl haze I stepped right into a very large puddle of pee that saturated my dining room carpet.  There is only one suspect: Oscar.  But there are many questions: When did this occur?  Why did this occur?  How did I not hear him get out of bed?... Er, scratch that, it must have happened sometime during the alleged overnight rave.

When I awoke after the alarm had been going off for 10 minutes, the doodle was cuddled closely by my side, no differently than I usually find him at the hour of 7:30am.  As I recall, he even yawned so as to indicate he, too, had just woken with the sound of the alarm.  Little trickster.  I know his secret.  And to think I was bragging on how great he'd been doing about not whining to go out in the middle of the night anymore...  Always two steps forward, one step back.  Looks like we'll be cutting off his water supply overnight again... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Puppy Love!